Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good Morning Muses

How is everyone? Busy, I assume, from the lack of posts. I have been busy with Christmas gifts. My husband of 14 years would like a quilt. He has complained bitterly that the quilter's husband never has a quilt. So, this year I made a utility quilt from blocks from a ninepatch swap I did many years ago. I added unpeiced blocks and it looks pretty good. A nice scrappy mix of old fabric in the nine patches and new fabric in the unpeiced blocks. I will get the borders on it and to the machine quilter next week. I have been making Christmas pillow cases also for the little kids in my life. To be given before the holiday for sweet Christmas dreams. That has been the sum of my artyness for the time being. My Fabrications peice remains on my design board and it does not know what to do about a corner that is bothering me. At least, it hasn't told me what it wants yet. But, there is time.

I think that a challenge after the first of the year would be great. It would get the flow going after the holiday happenings. I have a couple of ideas. One is to make leaves for the tree that the artist is covering. Another is to make a winter landscape. Some groups pick a word and go from there. Some a theme or season. Just some ideas to throw out there.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Lera in snowy Michigan

No comments: